Friday, February 13, 2009

Helping out

Wednesday night I picked up Tonya from college and we had dinner at the Winslow elementary school. The school was putting on a benefit spaghetti supper to help a
2nd grader that was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. He and his family were told on New Years Day that he had 2-6 months to live. I have to tell you, walking up to that school and seeing the line of people waiting to get in - just made me tear up.
They served over 1000 people and had many raffles and donations - they raised a total
of 5300.00 in two short hours!!
I am very proud to say, my sister Patti was very very generous. She donated 3 baskets along with a homemade quilt and candle accessories for the raffles. For Caleb (the 2nd grader) she gave him a very soft teddy bear and will be making him a
Jodi-Lynn quilt. A quilt she makes for cancer patients, so it becomes their security blanket and the doctors and nurses can sign it and write special messages to the patient.
Caleb is in my prayers and hope he gets the treatment he needs to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment